Saturday, November 17, 2012

Owning Your Attitude


Have you ever heard the phrase, “Own your attitude?” Did you immediately understand the statement or did you need a better explanation? “Own your attitude,” means learning to control how you feel and react to certain situations. The task can be very challenging at first; however once you understand how to do it, it will come natural to you.
I remember beginning my transition of, “Owning my attitude,” at a very young age; I was in elementary school and probably around 10 or 11 years old. I started the process by thinking and reacting differently than some of my peers. I even thought and reacted differently than some of the adults I had encountered. When this occurs, some people may voice their opinions about you being weird or of a different caliber, but different is not always bad. Different can be good because it allows you to process information differently, be independent of your own thoughts, and not feel as though you have to accept what everyone else is saying or doing. I owned my attitude by not allowing people’s judgment of me to be the final verdict. People are going to say and do things to try and get you to react or deter you from progressing toward your purpose. It's ok to react to their actions; just try not to react in a negative manner. Use their negative energy to benefit you. Show them that their negativity has helped to further propel you toward success.  
~Be the person you want to be by, “Owning your attitude.”

No comments:

Post a Comment