Sunday, November 8, 2015

Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Boss Event

Inspirational Quotes- Mrs. Bernard
This past Saturday, I attended the 2nd Annual, Think Like a Lady, Act Like A Boss Event in Jersey City, New Jersey. The event was held at Saint Peter's University by Alexandra Bernard, who is an entrepreneur, choreographer (The Evolution of Hip Hop), and motivational speaker. Mrs. Bernard was very insightful in providing helpful quotes, ways to get over misfortune, and my favorite, ways to turn negative situations into positive ones. She definitely had a heartfelt story to tell, which she shared with all of the individuals in the room. She empowered individuals on how to strive when things do not go as planned and making the most out of every situation. 

While at the event, I had the opportunity to speak to one of the speakers one-on-one, Jessica Moss. Ms. Moss told me that she was going to speak to individuals about financial planning using a 401K plan, 403 B plan, and personal savings. She also was going to disuss school, colleges, credit scores, and other things that she would fit within a 30 minute presentation. Although 30 minutes was not long to speak about everything, She assured me that she was willing to meet with individuals on a one-on-one basis to discuss their financial planning initiatives and opportunities. What was amazing to Ms. Moss was that her degree was in Criminology, but her focus was financial planning. I am sure a lot of us can relate to going to school for one thing and then working in a career for something else. Definitely a story I can relate to and welcome. Our discussion also lead to entrepreneurs having to do numerous things to continue to grow, develop, and succeed.

Some of the other interesting and amazing people I talked with at the event were Juice Plus, Traci Lynn Jewelry, Blue Zaria, Leilo's Sweet Shop, and of course my author friend, Sonya Felice Jenkins. I purchased books, networked with vendors, and increased my drive on why I must succeed. Check out other pictures from the event below.


Posing on the mini red carpet with Author Sonya Felice Jenkins

Author Sonya signing my book for me

The "Before I go to the event" shot

My "I Am an Inspiration" Trinket



No comments:

Post a Comment