Friday, August 3, 2012

Broken Dreams and Lessons

Broken dreams
Tattered souls
Reflection in eyes
Of hardship untold

Long days and nights
Ease the pain
Relieves the stress
From the often insane

Things have to get better
They can’t get any worse
I put the worse aside
And tucked it in my purse

See worse use to challenge me
And hit me when I was down
It even grabbed a Louieville Slugger
And beat my head straight to the ground

I finally said no more
And pleasantly got up
Because I truly knew
When enough was enough

See repeating a lesson
I don’t have that to do
Learning from the lesson
Was what I have to do

Now, you can go through life
Keeping doing the same thing
But when you learn the lesson
Is when you ears will ring

More opportunities will be waiting
For you to continue your stride
Just know where you’re going
And when to get off the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment