Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Are You Living in Expectations?

Are you currently living in expectations? Do you help people with the expectation that the people you help will do the same for you? If you are living life like this, then you may be in a world of hurt when you take a poll of those willing to assist you when needed. I for one use to be the go-to-person for others. I thought that if I helped people, these very same people would help me when the time came. Boy was I wrong. When I needed help the most, I saw these people the least. These individuals I considered friends did a disappearing act and pretended as if they did not hear my cry. How could they not hear my cry? The cry for help that bellowed inside of me, yelling "Please, please set me free."

They did not hear my cry because their own thoughts overpowered my words. Truly, how could I be mad at something that had not been written in stone? See, I wasn't Moses and these were not my commandments. Although my expectations did not get satisfied, I did learn a valuable lesson. The lesson I learned was that I should not expect things from others that was not instilled in them to do. I also learned that I should live expectation free and do things because I want to and not because I expect something.

Do you struggle with living expectation free? Follow these simple steps in how to expect less.


No comments:

Post a Comment