Saturday, January 11, 2014

How Do You Rank in Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?

While partaking in my regular Twitter activities today, I saw a post by Burton Brown Sr. regarding emotional intelligence. I just had to review the information because of a past discussion about emotional intelligence. A few years ago, a classmate of mine in my masters program did a review on emotional intelligence. It was very interesting to learn about and hear others discuss it. 



My Score from About.com: Psychology

What's Your EQ?
Emotional Intelligence Test
How Did You Score?
Your results indicate a high score on emotional intelligence.

What Does Your Score Mean?
People who score high on emotional intelligence tend to be skilled at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They are adept at dealing with social or emotional conflicts, expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.

It's important to remember that no matter how good your score is, there is always room to improve your emotional intelligence. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills.
My Thoughts
As you can see above, I scored pretty high on emotional intelligence. As a supervisor, I think it is very important for me to have a high level of emotional intelligence to understand what is affecting my staff's work. My high level of emotional intelligence could be the very reason why I often feel like the Dr. Phil of my office and within my social settings. A lot of people generally come to me about questions, problems, and other matters they may need assistance with completing. In reviewing one of Mr. Burton's last posts today "Please don't get me wrong all human emotion has its place, but it must not interfere with taking the appropriate action to get things done." I do agree with it. I also believe that those who high levels emotional intelligence should be equipped with the ability to redirect others who may need assistance, guidance, or help with certain emotional details.
Thank you for posting this information Mr. Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment