Friday, October 7, 2011

Melica Goes to Michigan!

Ok, so do you remember last month when I was discussing traveling to a new place outside of Ohio? Well, I made up my mind, scheduled my trip, and reserved my room. The decision came to me while I was updating my status on a popular website; Facebook. I received an invitation to participate and attend the Michigan International Books Festival. I thought to myself, why not? Why not experience the feeling of talking and encouraging the youth, selling some books, and performing poetry? I was now ready to man my own table, after observing the authors at the National Black Book Festival in Houston, Texas.

The Michigan International Books Festival is an event "aimed at educating and encouraging youth to read and author books. The festival will bring together hundreds of book writers, role models and teachers of the literary craft." My niece will attend this event with me, with hopes of developing her interest in creating a comic book.

Let me say, come one, call all, we'll have a ball at the Michigan International Books Festival. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment