Sunday, April 22, 2012

Act Like a Lady!

Who remembers this poem from my second book, Poetic Outlets?  My facebook friends may also remember this poem from one of my notes a few years ago.  Well, I thought it was only right to bring it back out since the Act Like a Lady, Think Like A Man Movie came out.  Enjoy the poem and make sure you go and see the movie.  It is hilarious!


Act Like a Lady

You tell me to...

Walk like a lady
Talk like a lady
Take my legs and cross like a lady


Eat like a lady

Sleep like a lady
Make a poem to be like a lady


But your words have focused on my visual commitments
to exemplify I’m a woman


You tell me to be a woman

but when my emotions and tenderness show I’m a woman

You ignore the very thing that makes my heart bleed



 You ignore my voice of expression

Because my emotions are something you don’t need


You make me feel as though I have exaggerated the feelings I carry deep inside
But maybe you have underestimated the feelings you try to hide


Why can’t you make up your mind?

Because if I don’t show these feelings
Then I’m considered heartless


A useless human being who sits dazed by this world and its
TO BE A WOMAN COMMANDMENTS


 If you knew how to be a woman,

Then why are you still amazed at the acts of women these days?

I can’t put women into a category because women aren’t all the same


I mean

We all are considered women

But we’re not all the same


We don’t dress the same
Speak the same

Enter love or friendships the same


We don’t cook the same
Smell the same

“BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW”
We’re not the same


 So next time you start your proclamation with

“Why do women...”


You may want to rephrase your statement

To “why do women I date, come in contact with, or like

Do these certain things?”

No comments:

Post a Comment