Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Love was Supposed to be Everlasting

Love was Supposed to be Everlasting
The Male and Female Interpretation of Love

This work of art is dedicated to individuals who have been,are, or want to be in love. Open your heart to new experiences. Cherish what you have at this moment and open your mind to break the barriers that are hindering you from loving another.

Special Thanks to those who made this work of art possible: Kareem, Lionel, Victoria, Branden, Shenita, Caressa, and others involved in this discussion.


Ch. 1

What is Love?

Love was supposed to be everlasting. Love was supposed to stand the test of time. It was supposed to wrap it self around me and protect me. It was supposed to provide for me, support, take care of, and most of all love me. Love was supposed to show me a different side of the world that I had never seen. I have come to the conclusion that love is not always how you want it to be. I wanted love to listen to me and not be jealous or dictate. I wanted love to only view my beautifulness and not that of others. I wanted love to be considerate and not insensitive. Love was everything that made me feel insecure. It made me sensitive. It made me lose myself in it, for I did not know how to adjust to it.

Love made me think and feel in a way that I thought was impossible, for I was a woman of great strength and inspiration. I was confident. I was a woman who knew what she wanted in life and knew how to get it. Love did everything in its power to make me feel insecure because love itself was insecure. It beat me up and made me feel devalued. It was funny how love could make me feel unappreciated because love did not appreciate itself.

-True Meaning of Love
Love means safety, unity, and caring. Safety is a sense of security. It is a feeling of support. A feeling that you are protected from anything that is bad. Unity is a sense of oneness. Most of the time, it knows exactly how a loved one is feeling and tries whatever it can to keep the feelings happy. Love is caring. It thinks before it react or make decisions.

It is non-judgmental. It listens. It evaluates. It identifies the good things as well as the bad. It will not discourage you or make you feel less of a man or woman.
Love is knowledge. It is the growth and development of the mind and soul. It unites two bodies to be one mind, one soul. It accepts the responsibility of educating those who may not know what love should be. Love is not selfish. There is no I in love. It takes 2 bodies, 2 minds, and makes one connection. It is considerate about others time, for it knows life is short. It does not put the entire burden of affairs on one individual, but shares the responsibility. Love radiates affectionate waves that are felt and seen by those it comes into contact. Love does not cover itself up and hide or sink into its seat. It does not wonder what others think about it. Love has an aura of self assurance. It knows and shows the meaning of true love with each and every person it meets. Confidence is what love is because it knows what it is, what it has, and what it could be.


Chapter 1
Chapters 2-13 coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment