Monday, April 21, 2014

How Deep?

I’m deep
Deeper than the coast
Deeper than people at a pig roast
Deeper than Swat
Deeper than those who have and have not

I’m deep
Deeper than deep
Deeper than Outkast’s song Deep
Deeper than those who say “I’m deep up in these streets”
Deeper than the knowledge that speckles the teeth of the meek

I’m deep
Deep like the inability to wake you from your sleep type of deep
Deeper than the “southern trees baring strange food” dialect deep
Deeper than Method Man’s “Love Jones for your body and your skin tone” deep

I’m deep
Deeper than Malcolm’s faith in the Honorable Eljiah deep
Deeper than Huey P. Newton’s knowledge of his second amendment deep
Deeper than the March on Washington and Bloody Sunday deep

I’m deeper than spoken word spewing from the mouths of the poetic
While pulling people deep into the knowledge
That was once lost
But now is found

Reveal in me
The deepness that sparks the passionate souls
Of those with abashed characters
Those who need enlightenment

I say
I’m deep
Come be deep
With me

No comments:

Post a Comment