Sunday, April 6, 2014

National Poetry Month: April

National Poetry Month

April marks National Poetry Month. As a poet, I felt that I needed to contribute by writing a poem each week. My plan is to write one poem each week and post it on here. Poets, I challenge you to participate in poetry events this month by writing, reading, inspiring, tweeting, and continuing your progression in life with poetry in mind. Let us continue to show he world what poetry is all about.

Here's my first poem:



What’s In Your cup?

I taste smooth
Perfectly combined flavors
That dances with my taste buds
In a calm, yet minty way

The taste brings forth images
Of beautiful green pastures
Of lemongrass lawns
With hammocks dangling from invisible cords

I taste the sunshine
Lemony flavor
Mixed with spearmint
I taste Zen




No comments:

Post a Comment