Monday, December 19, 2011

The Nutcracker 2011

(As described by Michelle, Shanise, and Jaiden)

Hi everyone!  Well, it was that time of year again.  It was time for the performances of the Nutcracker to take place at The Ohio Theatre.  I had the pleasure of attending a performance last year; however was unable to do it again this year.  My sister and two nieces attended the performance this year; two of them being spectators and one being a performer.  My sister and niece enjoyed the playfulness of Shanise and her castmates, as they performed a traditional Christmas play.

Michelle stated “at one point, Jaiden asked me what was Shanise doing?  Shanise was on the stage moving all around and being playful. I thought it was cute.”

Jaiden stated “my favorite part was when the mice came out.  They put their hands up and down. Shanise was being so silly.  She did a great job.”

Shanise stated that “the play was fun.  I was the baby mouse this year.  Next year, I hope to be a Ginger and Mouse.”

In thinking about the play last year, it was absolutely astounding.  I was surrounded by my niece, nephew, and father.  We absolutely loved the play and would have accepted any encore that would have occurred.  We congratulated Shanise in her wonderful job as a Page.  She exemplified the right attitude of a performer by smiling, dancing, and just enjoying herself.  I wish my niece much success as a ballerina and future performances with BalletMet.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanzaa, and other celebratory words used for the holiday season.

~A Special Christmas Treat

No comments:

Post a Comment