Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Tis the Season for a Little Mobile Cart Shopping

In today being Christmas Eve, I decided to do a little shopping. My mother also decided to go shopping with me, which was a big shock because she rarely liked to shop and would prefer to stay home or go to bingo. Arriving at Target, I suggested that my mother use a mobile cart because she has knee tendonitis. I thought it was a great idea! Well, that was until she started redecorating the store.

First she backed up, instead of going forward. Ok, so that was not a good sign; however I thought everything would get better as she familiarized herself with how to drive the cart. I found myself laughing with a couple of women who engaged me with stories of their mother using a mobile cart. One woman stated, “My mother used one of those before. She ran straight into shelf, which she had been looking at right before she ran into it.” Another lady told my mother “I drive my car the same way.” My mother and I laughed because we honestly knew that her driving techniques were not the greatest.

Our little adventure at Target helped me to recognize that our experience at Kroger could not occur the same way. This time, I decided to have my mother provide me with her shopping list. I opted to go shopping for her, while she sat in front of the store and waited for me. What was a girl to do, when Kroger had shelves of breakable items? You probably would have done the same thing.  Well, mother's play a big role in families, especially shopping with them; they give us a good laugh, keep us on your toes, and love to decorate.

~Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, and Happy Kwanzaa


 




No comments:

Post a Comment