Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making Dreams Come True!

You cannot imagine how many times I have heard the words, “I just cannot do all that you do.” These are the words people state to me when they find out about my life and my current activities. Sometimes it is hard for me to relate to that statement because I have been very active for so long now and anything different would feel too strange. 

In me stepping back to take a look at my own life, I can start to see what others have stated for many years now. I want you to imagine being 29 years old, working a full-time job, going to school for your master’s, managing another full-time business, mentoring young ladies, writing books, promoting your books, and still trying to find time to relax and have fun. Well, that was exactly what I was doing just a few months ago. Seeing all those activities written down on paper makes even me say “Wow!” I honestly cannot believe that I participated in all of those activities and I am still active in most of them. Sometimes in life, people fail to realize or even see what others see, especially when they have become so accustomed to working hard. These hard workers are often seen as making dreams come true.

What does it mean to make a dream come true? And are you a dream seeker? Show me any person in this world and I will show you a dream he or she started, wanted to start, or have made come true. We have all had many dreams about doing something, being someone, or living a certain life. Sometimes, dreams come to us without us being well equipped with the necessary tools to extract the information from those dreams. We wake up, trying to hold onto a piece of that dream that seemed so real and would fade from our minds in a matter of moments. As the day progresses, we try to explain that same dream to others, but our minds are as cloudy as if we are Alec Baldwin in the movie The Shadow. You know what I have learned from moments as the one stated above? I have learned to keep a pen and pad next to my bed because I am not letting anymore opportunities slip through my fingertips. I have learned to develop my own dreams during a time I am awake and receptive to the information. I have also learned to develop a skill that exemplifies true passion and dedication. Making a dream come true means to live passionately in the era of which your dream lives. It means to work without acknowledging the concept of the word cannot because that word by no means exist. It means to do all which is necessary in order to accomplish your goals. We are all dream seekers and will always be. It is just that some of us have found methods to making their dreams come true, while others are in the beginning stages of making theirs come true

So what do I say to people that say “I just cannot do all that you do?” I say that you can. You just have to believe.

~Keep the dream alive

No comments:

Post a Comment