Thursday, March 29, 2012

Born to Be Deep

I was born to be deep

On some of my words

These people sleep

Born to take the path

Less traveled

Digesting me whole

Will leave your mind unraveled

You may have to take my words in doses

Because the truth isn’t always honeysuckle and roses

Like En Vogue

You have to “free your mind

Free the mental anguish

And release the bitterness from within

Your actions have been pleasant

But your thoughts have committed a sin

Your smile provides assurance

But your eyes have never learned to grin

You have to stop focusing on losing

And create a slogan that means to win

I was born

Born of the 12th day of May

Born to a one-parent home

But I made it anyway

Born with so much against me

That I must say

I was born

Born to be more than a mere uneducated woman

Who lets men walk up and down my spine

Because lack knowledge, did I

I was born from the womb

Mind still attached to the placenta of wisdom

Attracting like souls

And the inability to assume

I

Born in the times of foundation

Born to be me

In other words

I was born to be

Deep

No comments:

Post a Comment